- To achieve success through total commitment to our customers and our suppliers.
- To supply quality products, exceptional service and superior value to our present and future customers.
- To provide technical expert advise, with regards to the products supplied by D.S. Maharaj Limited.
- To minimise downtime to our valued customers with respect to items being serviced by A1 Appliances Services Ltd.
- Acquire and maintain leadership as a major Importing, Exporting, Wholesaling and Distributing and Company in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Keeping abreast with new technology, with regards to appliances and electronics to continue providing technical advice to our customers.
- Seeking new lines to enhance current offering whilst keeping up with trends and latest designs.
- Be recognized as a leader in the Importing, Exporting, Wholesaling, and Distributing of Household Furniture, Appliances, Cabinetry and Office Furniture.
- To diversify in response to customer needs, and attract customers by our new products and services.
- To enhance the capabilities of our employees, by providing a challenging and rewarding environment.
D.S. Maharaj Limited of Trinidad and Tobago was founded by Deodath Seepersad Maharaj and Bissoondai Maharaj in 1958 and trading commenced as D.S. Maharaj General Store. The products sold were haberdashery type products and grocery items. On the brink of the oil boom Mr. & Mrs. D.S. Maharaj’s foresight into the trend of economic progression led them to expand their range of products to include furniture and appliances. This addition to stock held, led to an augmented level of sales as a result, D.S. Maharaj became one of the leading entrepreneurs in Marabella, with warehouse space of approximately 37,000 Sq feet at 192-194 Southern Main Road, Marabella, Trinidad, West Indies.
The business was incorporated on the 16th of May 1979 as a private liability company registered under the laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
For the first time in 1985 large scale importing by the Company began to meet the demands of our customers, subsequently wholesale operations began. Supplying goods and services to approximately 70 dealers in Trinidad and Tobago comprised of 140 outlets, including Furniture and Appliance dealers, Hardware and Supermarkets. Equipped with a reputable service department we are able to fully meet the needs of our customers. In our quest for running an efficient and effective service department, we have employed qualified and experienced technicians to provide technical backup service. In an effort to provide customers with spare parts at affordable prices we have moved from parts distributors to establishing direct relationships with manufactures, providing us with additional technical support.
• Showroom and Warehouse at Point Lisas Industrial Estate.
Warehouse Space: 60,000 Square Feet.
We are also equipped with a reputable service department in attempt to meet fully the needs of our customers. In our quest for running an efficient service department we have employed qualified and experienced technicians to provide technical backup service. Also to provide spare parts at affordable prices we have moved from the parts distributor to establishing a direct relationship with the manufactures, who provide us with additional technical support.
NAMES OF MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Gyan Maharaj MANAGING DIRECTOR
Annand Maharaj EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Vrishan Amit Rai Maharaj EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR